$9.99. I knew it had to be mine even before I saw the price.
After many weekends of traveling, baby showers, and Fantasy Football draft parties, I was finally able to go and pick out the fabric to start on this project. The moment I saw this fabric I was in love. The pattern is so light and dainty. Huge contrast to what was originally on it.
This was a tough job! So tough I had to hire help.
I ended up cutting the fabric with a seam allowance thinking I'd stitch the edges, but I ended up just ironing them down instead. Worked out just fine.
I used some spray adhesive and a staple gun to secure the fabric on the box.
I removed the lid and used the original fabric as a pattern when I cut the new fabric out. The inside of the lid had a cardboard piece that fit perfectly to cover up the staples after I tacked down the fabric. I used Heat'n'Bond to secure the fabric on the cardboard, then made a stitch around the outside of the cardboard piece. It not only secured the fabric, but gave it a nice decorative edge.
I originally picked out a silver "ribbon" to finish off the box and to cover up the staples. But once I held it up, it looked cheesy. So I ended up buying a silver cording that I felt looked much better.
Using a glue gun, I attached the cording to each staple all the way around.
Here she is totally finished!
I plan on using it for extra fabric, well, for awhile at least. Right now this is all of the extra fabric I have. I'm sure the pile will grow :)
Oh yeah, Kenya "assisted" which usually means laying either under, on or in whatever I'm working on.
P.S. I am participating in A Soft Place To Land's DIY Day now that I am back in the blog world again. Go check it out!