As you read this, I am flying with my husband to Nashville, Tennessee for two days to see my family. It's not a long trip, so unfortunatly I'm not going to be able to make all of my rounds. But nonetheless, it'll be so great to see my family.
So what? I stole this from my Facebook page. Maybe you'll learn something new about me!
25 Random Things About Me
1. I rarely go barefoot. I *always* have to have something on my feet. I have a thing with dirty floors and things touching my feet.
2. I have a genuine fear of toilets. I don't want to touch them, take the lid to the tank off, clean them, plunge them. I would not use the restrooms in the Nashville airport for years because they flushed automatically. In college, I called a friend down the hall to come unclog our toilet at 1 AM. I do not take kindly to toilets.
3. I play video games. Yes, video games. I play mostly MMORPG's and some other random RTS games. I play usually every day. I got into gaming about 10 years ago when my boyfriend at the time would constantly play this online game called "Asheron's Call" Of course, I became jealous of this game so I bought it to see what the big deal was. Haven't looked back since.
4. I *love* Bluegrass music. Not sure if that is a part of the Tennessee still left in me. If it's got good fiddle, I'm probably tapping my toes.
5. I was a dancer for 18 years. Tap, Jazz, Ballet, Ballroom, you name it, I've tried it. I was on my high school's Dance Team for about 3 years.
6. I went to University of Tennessee, Knoxville, for Graphic Design. I left with about a year to go to live in San Diego. I'm in Human Resources now. Who would have thought?
7. I'm self taught in Photoshop. I've designed some things for gaming group's website, and some other random things. I've heard I'm not that bad ;)
8. In reference to #7 I am very into digital scrapbooking. I can't regular scrapbook. It's too much of a commitment. Once you make a page and use certain elements, you can't reuse them or move them and that makes me question my design decisions.
9. I'm really good at hull-hooping. I can do it for hours.
10. I am 70% color blind. I've always loved bright, vibrant colors. Probably because it's the only colors I can actually see. If you ever see me in something that doesn't match, please, please let me know.
11. I love British comedy. A lot of people don't get it or can't get it. I love "Absolutely Fabulous" and "The Office". I used to love "Mr. Bean" as a kid.
12. I've been Type 1 Diabetic since I was 5. I went in for my Kindergarten check up and was diagnosed. They told my Mom that I was basically going to die. 24 years later and I'm not dead yet!
13. I am the last of 7 children. There are 3 sets of twins. One set of boys and two sets of girls.
14. I am extremely clumsy. My husband calls me a walking calamity. I trip up the stairs, fall down, knock things over. I haven't broken any bones yet tho.
15. I was obsessed with mirrors when I was little. I would talk to myself in the mirror, make faces. My Mom had to cover the mirrors in the mornings because I would make us late due to my shenanigans.
16. I was potty trained at 8 months old. I couldn't even walk but I could go in a potty! Maybe that's where my toilet fear stems from.
17. I have two major pet peeves. #1 When someone tries to talk to me while I'm on the phone. I *hate* that. I can't listen to two people at once and I think it's sort of rude. #2 when someone says "Don't worry about it" I sort of puts me off. I'll worry about what I want! :P
18. I love the court room shows. Like "Judge Judy" and "Cristina's Court" I know, I know. I can't help it, I am fixated.
19. I wasn't allowed to watch "Pee Wee's Playhouse" and "You Can't Do That on Television" on Nickelodeon. My mother thought they were a bad influence. I would try to sneak and watch them while she was on the phone.
20. I don't have many girl friends. I can count them on one hand. I usually don't trust girls enough to befriend them. Plus they are caty usually and you can't trust them. I am turning against my own gender!
21. I am extremely honest and a horrible liar. I have zero tact when it comes to not telling the truth. I'm not good at saying "Oh yeah, that looks great on you!" Some people find my honesty endearing but some don't. I usually lay it all out for ya.
22. I am good with plants and tools. I have a green thumb and most of the time can identify plants. I dunno where I got this. If I see a plant once, I can usually recall it. My husband is not good with assembling things or using power tools. I usually do most of the repairs and assemble most furniture. Not sure if that is by choice or not. I got step drill bits for Christmas :P
23. I love to polish things. I know, sounds weird. Two of my favorite things to polish is Armoral-ing things and Pledge-ing. Give me some car seats to wipe down or furniture to dust and I'm in heaven. I think it's a instant gratification thing.
24. I am not big into movies. There are a crap ton that I've never seen (IE Star Wars, Rocky) The last time I went to the movies was to see "Chronicles of Narnia" Now my Mom loves movies and claims I'm not her child. I just feel like it's a waste of time and I could be doing something more productive.
25. I am totally retarded when it comes to doing anything with my left hand. It works well in conjunction with my right hand but never alone. I can't attempt to write with it, I can't even paint my nails on my right hand.
*BONUS!!* I will not touch a ouiji board with a ten foot pol and yes I believe in ghosts.